Five things on our spring/summer essentials list
Spring has arrived and summer is right around the corner. It seems like the world around us is awakening and coming to life— from the beautiful blooms around the garden to the birds chirping in the trees and the sun revealing itself more and more. This is certainly a time for rejuvenation, and we’re turning our attention to the home and making simple upgrades that carry a big impact.
Below, you’ll find five things that are on our spring/summer essentials list. We think these dynamic items will make excellent additions to the home for the coming months—and beyond!
Image via elivingfurniture.ie
1. A brightly coloured furniture piece: While there is always a place for neutrals, we’re loving bold pops of colour this season. One way to incorporate colour is through a vibrant piece of furniture. It’s amazing how much impact even a smaller furnishing can have on a room. We love this beautiful 2-seater Matera Sofa from EZ Living Furniture for a lovely blue addition to a room. We also love the Seattle Sofa Bed in Mustard for an added dose of sunshine to your space. Speaking of sunny shades, the stunning Fjord Footstool in yellow is also knockout. The stylish Paloma chair, also from EZ Living, comes in a variety of brilliantly bright tones.
2. A patterned outdoor rug: Adding a rug to your outdoor space is an easy way to make it look polished while giving you a soft texture to enjoy during your garden lounges. Kukoon rugs carry a variety of weatherproof rugs at great prices that would look right at home on your deck or patio. This Pink Blush Floral rug comes in a wide range of sizes to suit your needs and we love the soft shades it incorporates within its trendy pattern. For a retro spin, we recommend this Teal Blue Retro Style Rug. The blue and grey tones work so well together and the playful pattern will add a fun feature to your garden area.
3. A vibrant paint colour: An energetic paint colour is a sure way to welcome the summer spirit within your home. It’s amazing the impact that a change of paint colour can have on the feel of a space, and a fresh coat of paint will instantly make a room look more put together. MoodBoards, our recent colour collection created in association with House and Home Magazine, has a gorgeous range of stunning shades. For something bright and buoyant, try the colours Coral Crazy, Rich Ocean, Neptune, or Mustard Jar. You can order your free colour card here.
4. A fun lampshade: Lampshades seem to be having a moment, with plenty of brands now offering interesting options when it comes to lighting. We especially love woven lampshades for a beachy summer feel, and the Oriel Woven Shade from EZ Living Furniture certainly fits the bill. With its neutral tone and basket weave appearance it is a versatile piece that can be used to add texture and interest to any space.
5. Rattan accessories: Rattan is the ideal summer material, whether it’s in the garden or indoors. It will immediately add a light, summery, and stylish touch. We love rattan for furnishings such as chairs, couches and tables, and it also makes an excellent choice for accessories such as mirrors, trays, bowls, storage baskets, plant pots, lampshades, wall shelves, etc. the possibilities are endless with this versatile material.
Looking for an on-trend update to your home? The above five things will help get you started in creating a stylish seasonal abode. For more inspiration and decorating advice, contact your local Crown Paints Stockist.