Warm your interiors with these top tips
There’s certainly a chill in the air these days and it’s making us want to stay inside and get as cosy as possible! This season, we’re focusing on creating warm spaces within the home— places you’ll want to relax and unwind in when the weather outside is frightful…Below, you’ll find our top tips for making your interiors warmer and more inviting.
1. Choose a warm and rich wall colour to embrace the space: Choose a wall colour with warm undertones to make an area more enticing. While there are plenty of warm neutrals to choose from, a deeper colour also works really well and will make you feel like you’re being enveloped in a hug. The ‘Dark Fruits’ palette from our MoodBoards collection with House and Home is ideal for this. Try our shades Five Spice, Carmolito, Curtain Call, and Stepping Out for an on-trend backdrop to your space. These shades can be viewed and purchased here.
2. Opt for soft, warm lighting: According to this article from The Spruce, there is a reason we gravitate to warm lights. “Perhaps warmer colors resonate with us for the evening because of the color of the evening hearthside fire. Warm light in the early morning, as might come in through an east-facing window, can also be comforting and help ease us into wakefulness. Whatever the reason, you can create the effect of warmth and comfort through lighting in the “warm” range.”
3. Use soft fabrics throughout the space: Sumptuous textures will make you want to snuggle up and relax, which is exactly what you want in a cosy space. We recommend fabrics such as velvet, faux fur, chenille, wool and cashmere. Not only will these materials keep you warm while you’re watching some telly or reading a good book, they are lovely to touch and will add a feeling of luxury to your room.
4. Decorate your walls: Empty walls can make a space feel bare and exposed. Decorating walls with artwork you love is a sure way to inject character and make the room feel more considered. Whatever your style may be, you’re bound to find art that you love.
5. Choose candlelight: For instant ambiance and cosiness, light a few candles—or better yet— the fire! Candles are also a great way to add more colour and interest, and these days you can find candles in essentially any colour and in loads of patterns.
Who’s ready to get cosy? The above tips will help you create a beautiful warm space that you won’t want to leave! For all of your decorating needs, call into your local Crown Paints Stockist. You can also find more inspiration on our site.